January 10, 2014

The Man with the Drawn Sword

Friday's Thought

I recently read a novel called "Pearl in the Sand' by Tessa Afshar, which was based on the Biblical story of Rahab.

When it came to the part of the story where Joshua encounters a man with a drawn sword I was captivated by what happened.


In Joshua 5:13 it says:

"And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, a Man stood opposite him with His sword drawn in His hand. And Joshua went to Him and said to Him, “Are You for us or for our adversaries?”

In verse 14 the man simply answers: 

“No, but as Commander of the army of the LORD I have now come.”


"Are You for us or for our adversaries?"

The answer was "no."

In the novel Tessa puts it this way:

"Then it dawned on Joshua that God was not on Israel's side; He beckoned Israel to be on His side."

Something to think about.

1 comment:

  1. No, the man said, I am not for the adversaries, but I am the captain of the Lord of Hosts and with my sword I will fight for you and yours! Realize that God is on your side.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your own thoughts in the comments. I try to respond to all of them by the end of the week. : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...