March 28, 2014

A Few Quotes on Love by C.S. Lewis

Friday's Thought:


“Though our feelings come and go, God’s love for us does not.”




“Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person’s ultimate good as far as it can be obtained”

 


“Do not waste time bothering whether you “love” your neighbor; act as if you did. As soon as we do this we find one of the great secrets. When you are behaving as if you loved someone you will presently come to love him.”




“The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us.”


3 comments:

  1. Lovely post for Spiritual Sunday. My whole family loves C.S. Lewis. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one person I hope to get to meet in heaven. Of course, by then, I probably won't be in awe of him a I am now. I've never read anything he said that didn't inspire me! Thanks for the great quotes, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by ladies! I love Lewis too and he is also one I can't wait to meet in heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your own thoughts in the comments. I try to respond to all of them by the end of the week. : )