March 7, 2014

Follow your heart?

Friday's Thought:

'Follow your heart, go with what feels right to you.'

Sound familiar?

It's another one of those catch phrases that have become popular in our culture today.
 
But what does God have to say about this?



“Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
And whose hope is the LORD.


For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,
Which spreads out its roots by the river,
And will not fear when heat comes;
But its leaf will be green,
And will not be anxious in the year of drought,
Nor will cease from yielding fruit.



The heart is deceitful above all things,
And desperately wicked;
Who can know it?

I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind,
Even to give every man according to his ways,
According to the fruit of his doings."


Jeremiah 17:7-10                                                    

He says our heart is deceitful above all things! How can I trust it then? How can I follow it?

Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and whose hope is in the Lord.

Is your trust and hope in the Lord?




                       Happy the man whose hopes rely
                       On Israel's God; He made the sky,
                       And earth, and seas, with all their train;
                       His truth for ever stands secure;
                       He saves the oppressed, He feeds the poor,
                       And none shall find His promises vain.
                                                                                    Isaac Watts 




I've shared this music video before, but it just goes so well with this post, I thought I'd share it again. I also just really love the lyrics to this song. : ) Lord, give us a heart after yours. 

It's from a band called Anthem Lights and it's called Follow Your Heart...





                                                  "When I try, I fail
                                                 When I trust, He succeeds."              
                                                                    Corrie Ten Boom
          
                                                                               

7 comments:

  1. I love the song! It is true that the only heart we can trust is not our own but the heart of God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful post today, Cathy. Thank you for your encouragement to trust. We are studying Jeremiah in SS right now and are being reminded that we can never please our God unless we do trust Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, Cathy! Wise and encouraging words! Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coming over from Ann's, and glad I did. This is a message that needs to be circulated far and wide, Cathy. Too often our focus is on us, our happiness, what we want. We need to refocus on the heart of Christ. I hadn't heard the group or the song before; thanks for sharing, it is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a wonderful blog! I found you on the Unite blog hop & I am your newest GFC follower.
    Thanks
    Angie
    PS – “The Great Blog Train” (blog hop) is currently live on my blog –we'd love to have you hop on board (if you haven't already) The Destination this month is Windsor, Ontario CANADA! Thank you! Great Blog Train

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, to trust in Him over myself. And yet, it is so hard sometimes. Thanks for this reminder and for linking up at Inspire Me Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank-you all for stopping by! : )

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your own thoughts in the comments. I try to respond to all of them by the end of the week. : )