April 25, 2014

Waiting...

Friday's Thought:

This rhododendron is very special to me.


My father-in-law, who passed away suddenly a few years ago, gave it to me.


I've had it in my garden for close to 10 years now and every year I get excited for it to bloom and every year it doesn't... until this year!


I was pretty excited to see all these buds and blooms! It reminded me that the Lord sometimes makes us wait, and through it all, He is always good.


"I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.



Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD."      Psalm 27:13-14


7 comments:

  1. I like that, Cathy! His love whispers to us through little things and I've found that He uses nature oftentimes. And those verses speak straight to my soul. Definitely want them as memory verses. Thanks for sharing this grace-filled story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouraging words Ganise. Glad you stopped by! : )

      Delete
  2. Haha! This is great! So encouraging! Visiting from Spiritual Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty flowers! I love rhododendrons! We have a huge bush by our front porch, it'll be a while before it blooms this spring, still cool here.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. the beauty in your pictures
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping in from Make my Saturday Sweet blog hop. Nice to find your blog and I have to agree with you because I get excited about my butterfly tree too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks you all for stopping by. Glad to meet other flower enthusiasts. : )

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your own thoughts in the comments. I try to respond to all of them by the end of the week. : )