1. I remember reading C.S. Lewis one day and thinking, 'wow I get what you're saying I just didn't know how to put it into words!' That's when I started thinking about writing a blog where I could share my thoughts on books by great writers like Lewis. I often quote from books because, well, they just say it better than I can. : )
2. Tony Reinke shares this in his book, 'Lit! A Christian Guide to Reading Books'...
"I mark phrases, sentences, paragraphs, and pages that I think articulate a point very well. I call them gold."
That's what I want to share on my blog...'gold.' Gold that encourages. : )
3. Blogging has been such a great creative outlet for me. As an introvert I need to take the time to organize my thoughts and process what I'm thinking before I say it, (that's why us introverts are usually quiet people) : ) and I find blogging so great for this.
4. Also, blogging has been a great learning experience for me. I've learnt so much from what I've been reading and being able to write some of it down has been a little like school! Whether its someones memoir from another culture or a theological book which has led me deeper into the Scriptures, it's been nice being able to share it here.
5. When I was seventeen I bought my first Bible. It's been my favorite book of all. I never tire of it and never stop learning from it. This verse has always been one of my favorites because it has such a deep meaning for me. I truly believe the Word of God is living and powerful.
"For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Hebrews 4:12
6. My Statement of Faith:
I believe the Holy Scriptures to be the divinely in-breathed, infallible, inerrant and authoritative WORD OF GOD. I believe that there is one God, eternally existent in the persons of the Holy Trinity. I believe in the virgin birth of the Lord Jesus Christ, his unqualified deity, His sinless humanity and perfect life, the eternal all-sufficiency of His atoning death, his bodily resurrection, his ascension to the Father's right hand, and His personal coming again at His second advent.
So glad you stopped by! You are always welcome and feel free to look around and comment. I love hearing from you. : )