1. I remember reading C.S. Lewis one day and thinking, 'wow I get what you're saying I just didn't know how to put it into words!' That's when I started thinking about writing a blog where I could share my thoughts on books by great writers like Lewis. I often quote from books because, well, they just say it better than I can. : )
2. Tony Reinke shares this in his book, 'Lit! A Christian Guide to Reading Books'...
"I mark phrases, sentences, paragraphs, and pages that I think articulate a point very well. I call them gold."
That's what I want to share on my blog...'gold.' Gold that encourages. : )
3. Blogging has been such a great creative outlet for me. As an introvert I need to take the time to organize my thoughts and process what I'm thinking before I say it, (that's why us introverts are usually quiet people) : ) and I find blogging so great for this.
4. Also, blogging has been a great learning experience for me. I've learnt so much from what I've been reading and being able to write some of it down has been a little like school! Whether its someones memoir from another culture or a theological book which has led me deeper into the Scriptures, it's been nice being able to share it here.
5. When I was seventeen I bought my first Bible. It's been my favorite book of all. I never tire of it and never stop learning from it. This verse has always been one of my favorites because it has such a deep meaning for me. I truly believe the Word of God is living and powerful.
"For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Hebrews 4:12
6. My Statement of Faith:
I believe the Holy Scriptures to be the divinely in-breathed, infallible, inerrant and authoritative WORD OF GOD. I believe that there is one God, eternally existent in the persons of the Holy Trinity. I believe in the virgin birth of the Lord Jesus Christ, his unqualified deity, His sinless humanity and perfect life, the eternal all-sufficiency of His atoning death, his bodily resurrection, his ascension to the Father's right hand, and His personal coming again at His second advent.
So glad you stopped by! You are always welcome and feel free to look around and comment. I love hearing from you. : )
Cathy, I absolutely love your blog... I can sense the Holy Spirit and the graciousness of Jesus in all you share. If you lived in my town, I would want to know you. I am so thankful you are sharing your gift of writing and encouragement. My friend, Michelle Fitzpatrick referred me to your blog. God bless you in all your endeavors.ReplyDelete
Thank-you so much for your kind and encouraging words Marilyn! And thank-you Michelle for referring my blog!Delete
Glad you stopped by. : )
I see that you have a passion for those that are pursuing, or had pursued, God with a passion. We also share your love for the deeper walk with Jesus. I know that this may sound very presumptuous but after a decade of following Jesus through the toughest wilderness testing of faith you could possibly imagine He had us write about it. I only bring it up because it is so much like what you have written about in your blog. If you are interested our book is here. https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/741752ReplyDelete
Thank you for your website and encouragement for others to read these great works.