My blogging fiction friend, Faye over at labor not in vain has awarded my blog with the Sunflower Blogger Award!
If your enjoy Christian fiction stop by and visit her blog, she has some great reviews. : )
The rules for this award are to share 11 facts about yourself, answer 11 questions, then ask other bloggers 11 new questions as you pass along the award.
I always enjoy these blog award posts. Reading other bloggers answers to their questions, and getting to know them a little bit better, is always fun.
Hope you enjoy.
11 Facts About Me:
1. My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary this year. It's gone by so quickly!
2. We have 3 children. 24, 22 and 18. My youngest is graduating high school this month. Again the time just flew by! But I am excited for what God has planned for all my children.
Here's a casual picture of my family:
3. I'm tall. 5'9" and I wish I wasn't.
4. I like to keep a clean and organized home. It's one of the ways I show love towards my family.
5. I love Italian food. Chicken Parmesan. Yum!
6. The sound of waves crushing on the shore is my favorite sound. I could sit at the beach all day. : )
7. Driving exhausts me. I usually let my husband drive any long distances, while I nap. : )
8. My biggest pet peeve is when people judge people they don't know. I've been deeply hurt by gossip and wish everyone would judge each other by what they know and not by what they've heard.
9. I'm a cat person. Our kitty of 13 years recently passed away. : ( One day we will get a new kitty...
10. I love thunderstorms. When I was a little girl my mom would say it was God rearranging the furniture. I think because of that, thunderstorms are often a reminder, to me, that God is near.
11. My favorite time of day is just before the sun goes down. Everything looks so pretty then.
Faye's 11 Questions for Me:
1. What are you planning on reading this summer?
Not sure yet, so many to pick from! Check back in July for my next '5 books on my future reading list' post.
2. What book are you dying to read?
Fiction: Laura Frantz - Love's Fortune.
I'm in love with this series! Can't wait for this one to come out in September. So much historical detail and beautiful story lines.
Non-Fiction: Randy Alcorn - The Treasure Principle.
I'm excited to learn some great principles on finances from this one.
3. What TV show are you most excited to have return?
Call the Midwife. By far this is my favorite show!
4. What surprising talent do you possess?
I honestly don't have any talent that I can think of. I'm pretty average at everything. But I'm beginning to see God uses the average. : )
5. What was the last book you read?
God's Smuggler by Brother Andrew and it was so good! You can read my thoughts HERE
6. What book (besides the Bible) would you recommend to have everyone in the world read?
Fiction: The Mark of the Lion Series by Francine Rivers. One word: Pow-er-ful.
Non-Fiction: Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. This book was a turning point for me in my Christian walk.
7. Where is your favorite place to read?
8. What is your biggest fear when going shopping?
Biggest fear in book shopping is spending money on a book that is not interesting.
9. Do you like eBooks?
Yes. I love my e-reader to read fiction, but I prefer reading paperbacks for non-fiction, cuz I like to underline...alot. : )
10. What is your favorite book genre?
11. What is your favorite childhood book that you still love today?
'Bread and Jam for Frances.' by Russell Hoban. I love all the Frances books.
Instead of passing this blog award on, I'd love to invite you to answers these questions too. If you would like, you can leave them in the comments.
Thanks for visiting! : )