February 13, 2013

My daughter went to Africa


My daughter went to Africa.
 
I was reluctant to let her go. But I found out God's peace is so much greater than my fears. And His plans for her so much bigger than mine. She's home safe and sound now but came back with a love for the children of Africa. She started sponsoring her first little one and by sharing her stories of these precious ones we have added another child to our sponsor list as well.

While in Africa she had sent me an e-mailed telling me that the social worker she was working with was previously a Compassion child. (My daughter had been serving with a different organization).

What were the chances!

I was so excited!!!

My daughter got to see first hand what a difference, not just our money makes, but how much our letters mean to the children.

Now being out of the Compassion program, the social worker, is helping others and making a difference in her community. And my daughter has made a life long friend.

Open your mouth, judge righteously, And plead the cause of the poor and needy. Proverbs 31:9


My daughter saw children who barely had enough food to eat, yet they were sharing their food with their friends who were not part of the program, leaving themselves with not enough food for themselves.

We must speak out. We must plead their cause. Will you serve?


Linking with Compassion International: Blog on Child Poverty


 

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful experience for your daughter, Cathy! There's nothing like experiencing different cultures and seeing the needs of the world first-hand. It's life changing. God bless her and her new friendships!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading recently a book of meditations called "Undersong" (I think it's out print sadly because it's great) and he talks in the book about how poverty is a glimpse of the face of God because it teaches us to share. This was so deep! I'm so glad you and your daughter are celebrating that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very thought-provoking. Thanks for sharing that with me. :)

      Delete
  3. What a great testimony to the success of Compassion's ministry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too. It was very exciting to hear her experiences in the program.

      Delete
  4. so amazing that she went and walked those streets, opened up her life and her heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Tara. It really was a wonderful experience for her.

      Delete
  5. That's wonderful, Cathy! Thank you for sharing this. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle! I was excited to find this opportunity with Compassion International's blog hop to share about my daughter's trip. Glad you stopped by. :)

      Delete

Feel free to leave your own thoughts in the comments. I try to respond to all of them by the end of the week. : )