I've recently been nominated for the Liebster award by 2 fellow bloggers!
Thank-you for thinking of me and my blog Shannah and Gwen!
There are a few rules to be followed upon accepting this award and they include:
- Link back the blogger that tagged you.
- Nominate ten others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you.
- Ask ten questions for the bloggers you nominate.
- Let your nominees know of their awards and tag backs.
Questions Asked by Shannah:
1. Who is your favorite author and why?
I have many, here's a few:
Jane Austin...love her descriptive writing and character development and of course her wonderful stories.
Francine Rivers...such an awesome story teller and she's not afraid to tackle hard issues in her novels.
T.L. Higley...her writing just pulls me into the story and time period, and she always deals with spiritual matters which is something we need to be reminded of, especially in prayer.
A.W. Tozer, Charles Spurgeon and C.S. Lewis are some of my favorite non-fiction authors...I find such wisdom and grace shine through their writings.
2. What made you want to become a blogger?
You can read how this blog started here: About TOB
3. What is your favorite book and why?
I LOVED 'Jane Eyre.' I just loved her character. I wish I could be like her. : )
4. What would be your ideal vacation spot?
Anywhere I didn't have to cook. : )
5. If you had to choose, what would you do: Read or Write?
6. What is your favorite spot to read?
Probably on the living room couch.
7. Which blogger has been your biggest inspiration?
It's really hard to just pick one! I follow a lot of blogs and have been inspires by so many of them. Here's just a few bloggers who have encouraged me with their comments and have inspired me through their blogs:
Juana: Juana Mikels
Emily: Emily Wierenga
Michelle: Sweet Treats and Inspiration
Ashley: This Southern Girl's Heart
8. If you could choose any person in the world to spend the day with, who would it be?
My grandmothers. They both passed away when I was very young and therefore I never got to know either of them. I always wished I have a grandma. Love and appreciate your grandmas! : )
9. What are your other hobbies (besides reading)?
I love gardening.
|Part of my garden in May|
10. What inspires you daily?
People who love like Jesus.
Questions asked by Gwen:
(Gwen asked some of the same questions so I've only included the ones that were different)
1. What do you enjoy most about blogging, and would you recommend it to others?
I'd have to say other bloggers. It's been so great getting to know people from all over the world who have the same interests.
I would only recommend it to people who want to write about what they love. Those are the best blogs. : )
2. Is there a book you didn't think you'd like, but you ended up loving it?
Fiction - "Iscariot: A novel of Judas" - I was a little leery going into this book because I wasn't sure where this author would go with the character of Judas, but it ended up being more about Jesus and His love for us. Very thought-provoking novel.
Non-Fiction - "Son of Hamas" - It wasn't at all what I thought it would be. I thought it would be a bit boring and political but ended up being so heartfelt and personal.
3. What would be your ideal vacation spot or dream vacation?
4. How many books are on your TBR shelf?
To many to count! I usually have a small stack of what I want to read next, but almost always end up switching them up. : ) Here's my small stack for now. I'll be adding 'Bleeding Heart' by Amber Stokes, which I just ordered, and I've been trying to find Elisabeth Elliott book, 'Through Gates of Splendor' at the library, but haven't had any luck yet.
5. Do you have a favorite snack while reading?
I don't usually like eating when I read, especially if its a brand new book. I don't like food stains on my pretty books!
6. What's one of your biggest book pet peeves?
I'd have to say when an author repeats themselves throughout the book. Especially in a book series. I hate reading the first 4 chapters of a second book which just recaps the last book in the series. I already read book one! ; )
Growing in His Glory
Stuff and Nonsense
i blog for books
Burton Book Review
Dogfur and Dandelions
Impressions in Ink
Returning to Eden
the power of words...
Seasons of Humility
Here are my ten questions:
1. What's the last book you thoroughly enjoyed start to finish?
2. Are you outgoing or reserved?
3. What is your favorite meal?
4. Which blogger has been your biggest inspiration?
5. Who is your all time favorite character in a book?
6. Who do you look up too the most and why?
7. Do you prefer driving or flying?
8. What are you listening too on your ipod or cd player?
9. If you could choose any person in the world to spend the day with, who would it be?
10. Do you prefer reading fiction or non-fiction? Why?
If I've nominated your blog, don't feel pressured to participate. But if you do, have fun! I look forward to your answers. : )