As a blogger who is part of the bloggers for Compassion International, I was asked to share my answers to these few questions about children in poverty...
1. Why is advocating for children in poverty important to
you? Share your personal story of why you want to use your blog for
little ones in need.
2. Why this child? Why did you choose your particular sponsored child?
3. Why Compassion? You could have chosen any child sponsorship organization to blog for, so why Compassion?
I've been a bit MIA when it comes to these writing promps from Compassion, due to a long blogging break last year, but I'd like to continue in sharing about them and what they do. So here are my answers...
1. Advocating for children in poverty is important to me because I've always had a soft spot for children in general. They are so precious, and need guidance, love and protection in their lives. I love and feel blessed to be able to share about these children in need here on my blog. I've been sponsoring children through Compassion for over 30 years and I've never regretted it. If my blog could encourage one reader to sponsor a child I would be ecstatic!
2. The children I chose to sponsor were for no particular reason other than they needed a sponsor. I think I just randomly picked them! God knew them and loves them and that's what counts, and as I've gotten to know them, I've loved them too.
3. I chose to sponsor with Compassion when I was 18 years old. I've found them to be a trustworthy and genuine organization who love and care for the poor, because of this, I whole-heartedly support them and enjoy sharing about their commitment to helping and serving children on my blog.
If you would like to look into sponsoring a child in need click here... COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL