March 16, 2020

Thinking on These Times


I'm a thinker.

And my mind reels with thoughts constantly. I can let my thoughts go to places they shouldn't or I can trust in the God who made me. Through these crazy and uncertain times, when the world is fearful of getting sick or getting a loved one sick, I've been thinking.

Thinking about the Sovereignty of God, which simply means, that He is in control.

"The LORD has established His throne in heaven,
And His kingdom rules over all."   Psalm 103:19


"For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him."   Colossians 1:16

"Unless the LORD builds the house,
They labor in vain who build it;
Unless the LORD guards the city,
The watchman stays awake in vain.


It is vain for you to rise up early,
To sit up late,
To eat the bread of sorrows;
 
For so He gives His beloved sleep."   Psalm 127:1-2

"And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts."   Revelation 21:6

It's hard to fathom His sovereignty, especially when horrible things happen in this world. But I find it incredible that the more I think on His sovereignty, the more I have peace. I don't understand it, but I trust Him. I trust He has my best interest at heart even through my fears.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."   Philippians 4:6-7

"It is better to trust in the LORD
Than to put confidence in man.


It is better to trust in the LORD
Than to put confidence in princes."   Psalm 118:8-9


When our thoughts get away from us we can turn to Him. Because thinking on Him and His Word will bring true peace.

"Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."   Isaiah 41:10 


The LORD is gracious and full of compassion,
Slow to anger and great in mercy.

The LORD is good to all,
And His tender mercies are over all His works."   Psalm 145:8-9



I encourage you to think on these Scriptures as well as any you read. Remember they are promises, and God always keeps His promises, even when we don't see or understand.


I thought I'd leave you with this song called 'Anchor' by Skillet which I found encouraging...



5 comments:

  1. Yes, "think on THESE things!"
    Thanks for good, solid fuel for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many favorites here! And all so appropriate and helpful for these days we are in! Thanks for gathering them all in one place:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Cathy! God's Word is always comforting & reassuring! Thank you!
    Bless you,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-yo all for stopping by and for your encouraging words. : )

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your own thoughts in the comments. I try to respond to all of them by the end of the week. : )