November 29, 2020

Some Christmas Reads for 2020

 

Every year I look forward to reading some Christmas books. Here are a few I'd like to get to this December.

 


 

Come Let Us Adore Him by Paul David Tripp

This is a daily advent devotional encouraging us to look to Jesus during the Christmas season. The last few years I've been picking up these kinds of books and been so enjoying them. I'm really looking forward to reading through this one!


 

Once Upon a Dickens Christmas by Michelle Griep

I love Charles Dickens 'Christmas Carol' and enjoy books inspired by it. This book contains 3 novellas and I'm hoping to get to at least one of them.



The Case for Christmas by Lee Strobel

In this book Lee Strobel sets out to explain why the biblical account of Christ's birth is important to our faith. I've started this one and though it's a bit choppy, I'm finding it very interesting. (I believe this book is excepts from another book of his, 'The Case for Christ'  hence the choppiness. I'd like to read that book as well some day!)



Searching for Christmas by J.D. Greear

I don't know anything about this book but heard it was good.

Goodreads says of this book:

"This book looks behind the birth of the baby in a manger to discover how the deeper truths of the Christmas story offer the hope, peace, and belonging we're all searching for, one way or another."




Are you reading anything Christmas related this season? : )



12 comments:

  1. These all sound good. I have enjoyed going through a Christmas devotional the last few years. This year I'm looking forward to getting into Remarkable Advent by Shauna Letellier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Lesley. Hope you enjoy your devotional time!

      Delete
  2. I read one of the stories in the Dickens Christmas one when it was offered as a separate Kindle novella--the one about Bleakley Manor. I'll have to read the others some time. I read one of Lee Strobel's books--I think The Care for Christianity. I'm sure this one is just as good. I've seen Tripp's book mentioned often but have not gotten it so far. Happy Christmas reading! I posted the Christmas books I hope to get to earlier today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying the Dickens fiction read and loving Tripp's devotional! Happy reading to you too! I'll have to come by and see what your reading this season!

      Delete
  3. We are loving Hosanna in Excelsis, a collection of carols and their stories pit out by Moody Publishing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look that up! Last year I read a book about Christmas Carols and really enjoyed it. It was called 'O Come All Ye Faithful.'

      Delete
  4. I've not read any of these! Always love discovering new books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing these good finds. I think I've read the Paul David Tripp book in the past, and I just today started another new book by him! "40 Days of Grace"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really loving his advent devotional! I want to read more from him. Hope you enjoy the new book!

      Delete
  6. These look fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your own thoughts in the comments. I try to respond to all of them by the end of the week. : )