February 27, 2017

Why Sponsor a Child in Poverty?

As a blogger who is part of the bloggers for Compassion International, I was asked to share my answers to these few questions about children in poverty...



1. Why is advocating for children in poverty important to you? Share your personal story of why you want to use your blog for little ones in need.

2. Why this child? Why did you choose your particular sponsored child?

3. Why Compassion? You could have chosen any child sponsorship organization to blog for, so why Compassion?

I've been a bit MIA when it comes to these writing promps from Compassion, due to a long blogging break last year, but I'd like to continue in sharing about them and what they do. So here are my answers...

1. Advocating for children in poverty is important to me because I've always had a soft spot for children in general. They are so precious, and need guidance, love and protection in their lives. I love and feel blessed to be able to share about these children in need here on my blog. I've been sponsoring children through Compassion for over 30 years and I've never regretted it. If my blog could encourage one reader to sponsor a child I would be ecstatic!

2. The children I chose to sponsor were for no particular reason other than they needed a sponsor. I think I just randomly picked them! God knew them and loves them and that's what counts, and as I've gotten to know them, I've loved them too.

3. I chose to sponsor with Compassion when I was 18 years old. I've found them to be a trustworthy and genuine organization who love and care for the poor, because of this, I whole-heartedly support them and enjoy sharing about their commitment to helping and serving children on my blog.



If you would like to look into sponsoring a child in need click here... COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL



Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion


 

23 comments:

  1. Such an important way to bless others. We sponsor several children and it is a sweet joy to pray and give for their well-being.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you sponsor too! Thanks for stopping by Ginger. : )

      Delete
  2. Hi Ginger, I am your neighbor at Tell His Story. I've sponsored children with different organizations in the past. Thank you for these thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear you sponsor children in need too! Glad you stopped by Mary. : )

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this sweet encouragement to share our love and our possessions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting Michele!

      Delete
  4. I have a heart for children too. It was fun to read your answers to why you sponsor a child. Blessed to be your neighbor at Three Word Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great thoughts...thank you for sharing this poignant reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing! Your words are beautiful reminders to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. It is so important to reach out and love precious children growing up in environments of need. Thank so much for sharing on the #LMMLinkup this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to share this on your link-up! Thanks for stopping by Mary. : )

      Delete
  8. Thanks for your encouragement and your heart for children. It's such an important ministry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting Donna, appreciate it!

      Delete
  9. I love Compassion and think helping children is the greatest privilege we have!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I, too, trust that God connected me with the right child to sponsor. I chose the one I have because he was from El Salvador. I had spent time there and fell in love with the people, but felt I couldn’t do much else for them after I left. But I could sponsor a child! Thanks for sharing these prompts and your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing Lisa! Its always great to hear others stories of sponsorship.

      Delete
  11. Thanks for sharing this at Booknificent Thursday on Mommynificent.com this week!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sponsoring children is a wonderful opportunity to do something good. Our family sponsors 3 children and it has always been a great teaching tool for our kids. Thanks for sharing on Grace and Truth.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your own thoughts in the comments. I try to respond to all of them by the end of the week. : )